Type 3 HD Permeable Turbidity Curtain
Heavy Duty Floating Filtration and Silt Control in Water
Triton Type 3 Heavy Duty Permeable Turbidity Curtain is designed for use in rigorous job site conditions where both turbidity control and filtration are needed. This heavy duty silt curtain functions like standard floating silt screens, keeping jobsites in compliance with Federal and State regulations by silt control in water.
With its reinforced geotextile panel, the silt screen's design also acts as a filter, allowing water to pass through the curtain, while removing particles. This helps reduce settling time, but the primary benefit of Triton's Permeable Turbidity Curtain design is that it allows a certain amount of flow through the containment area. This reduces pressure and load on the curtain, providing increased performance and longevity of use in the field.
Made in the USA, you'll be pleased with this permeable turbidity curtain's price and quality. Designed for fast water, waves, or demanding conditions, Type 3 permeable turbidity curtain add increased strength to any containment or control area while allowing flow passage throughout the length of your barrier. Type 3 models are typically recommended for use in areas with flows up to 1.5 knots.
Triton Permeable Type 3 Turbidity Curtain Specifications
Using only rugged and reliable components, Triton's standard options for Type 3 Permeable Turbidity Curtains are detailed below. This heavy duty silt curtain is manufactured with heavy duty 22 ounce PVC fabric, 6 ounce Monofilament Geotextile Fabric, dual tension cables, and robust section connectors. Custom options for Type 3 turbidity barrier are also available on request.
|Curtain Panel Length||Available in 50 ft. or 100 ft. Sections|
|Curtain Depth||Standard is 5 ft., but 3 ft. to 100 ft. is Available Upon Request|
|PVC Fabric||Heavy Duty Impermeable 22 oz. PVC Fabric With UV Protective Treatment|
|Color||Yellow For High Visibility (Other Colors Available Upon Request)|
|Filter Fabric||6 oz. Monofilament Geotextile Fabric|
|Flotation||2 in. Square Foam Filled Closed-Cell Floats|
|Tension Cable||Dual Center 5/16 in. Tension Cable, Galvanized Steel Sheathed in Vinyl|
|Bottom Ballast Chain||3/8 in. Steel Galvanized Chain|
|Connectors||Top: 36 in. Universal Slide Connectors
Bottom: Steel Stress Plates
Side: Gromment Connectors
|Anchor Points||Generally Recommended at 50 ft. Interval*|
|Product Flyer||Type 3 Heavy Duty Permeable Turbidity Curtain Flyer (PDF)|
* Reduce curtain loads and increase field use-life with the right anchor type, placement, and installation design. Our experts can help you determine the anchor pattern and placement needed to support the compliance requirements for your job site.
Type 3 Permeable Turbidity Curtain Accessories
Let us make it easy for you. Get all the components needed for your sediment curtain installation from one source and in one shipment. Type 3 silt curtain accessory components include:
- Tow Bridles – Use a tow bridle for curtain installation to help prevent unnecessary stress tears and damage that can occur when locating (or relocating) curtain.
- Anchor Kits – These pre-assembled anchor kits provide a convenient solution to stabilizing and controlling the turbidity barrier, and are quick to install. Kit components are also available separately.
- Reefing Lines – Installing turbidity curtain across different water depths is a breeze with reefing lines. This handy feature lets you adjust the depth of each panel by simply raising or lowering the lines. Note: Best practice is to leave a clearance of 1 foot between the base of the turbidity curtain and the water body's floor.
- Tidal Compensators – For use in areas with fluctuations in the water depth on the shore, such as tidal areas. Save yourself time in manually adjusting the curtain after storm events or tidal changes. The tidal compensator will take care of it for you, automatically adjusting with changes in water levels to keep the curtain secure and at the proper depth in the water. The Heavy Duty Tidal Compensator is another option best suited for rough conditions.
For additional information, please see our Turbidity Barrier Accessories.
Installation – Please see Triton Sediment Curtain Installation Instructions (PDF)
Note: We also offer installation services!
Buy Permeable Turbidity Curtain from the Manufacturer
Buy direct from the manufacturer (GEI Works Inc.), for a turbidity curtain cost that fits well within your budget. Our turbidity barrier prices and performance are excellent and so is our quality. (Ask us also about custom options and bulk silt curtain pricing!) There are many advantages to buying direct without the middleman! Don't pay marked-up prices or settle for one-size-fits-all solutions. Buy direct and save with custom solutions.
Other Triton Floating Silt Curtain Choices
GEI Works also manufactures a wide variety of other turbidity curtain options. Please see also:
- Type 3 Silt Curtain Options: (DOT Grade, Heavy Duty Grade, and Permeable Turbidity Curtains).
- Permeable Silt Curtain Options
- Full Listing of Triton Turbidity Barriers
If you're unsure of which type of floating silt barrier is needed for a job site's requirements, please review these helpful guides:
Still unsure or need assistance? Contact us! Our turbidity barrier experts can answer your questions, and provide you with pricing. Call or request a quote today!