Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain
Silt Containment for Moving Water Conditions
Triton Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain is built to support Clean Water Act compliance requirements where jobsite conditions are more rigorous, such as moving water, currents (up to 1 knot), tides, waves (up to 2 feet), or moderate wind. Common applications include dredging projects, shoreline construction, boat dock installations, and rip rap projects.
When installed as directed, Triton Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain provides protection from construction-related turbidity by creating a secure containment area for the sediment-laden water. The barriers stay in place until the project has been completed and the sediment has settled once again to the watershed's floor. You'll be pleased with the competitive turbidity curtain cost, quality, and turn-time of this USA-made turbidity curtain.
Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Barrier Detail
Using only rugged and reliable components, Triton's standard options and specifications for Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain is listed below. Custom options are also available on request to satisfy specific jobsite requirements. For more information, please see: Type 2 Heavy Duty Silt Curtains (PDF).
|Curtain Panel Length||Available in 50 ft. or 100 ft. Sections|
|Curtain Depth||Standard is 5 ft., Other Sizes (3 ft. to 100 ft.) Are Available|
|Fabric||Heavy Duty 22 oz. PVC, UV-Protective Treatment|
|Color||Yellow, For High Visibility (Others Available Upon Request)|
|Flotation||Square, Foam-Filled In The Following Sizes:
6 in. (For Skirt Depths Under 10 ft.)
8 in. (For Skirt Depths From 11 ft. to 20 ft.)
12 in. (For Skirt Depths Of Over 20 ft.)
|Tension Cable||Single 5/16 in. Tension Cable (Below Float)|
|Bottom Ballast Chain||5/16 in. Galvanized Chain|
|Connectors||Reinforced Grommets and Universal Bulk Slide Connectors|
|Anchor Points||Generally Recommended At Each 50 ft. Interval*|
|Product Flyer||Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Barrier Flyer (PDF)|
*Our experts can help you determine the anchor pattern and placement needed to support the compliance requirements for your job site. Additionally, having the right anchor type, pattern, and installation design can significantly reduce the curtain loads. This protects your investment by increasing the field-use-life and performance effectiveness of the geotextile silt curtain.
If you're unsure of which type of floating silt barrier is needed for a job site's requirements, please review these helpful guides. Being aware of each turbidity barrier detail will help you determine which solution is best for you.
- Turbidity Curtain Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Turbidity Curtain Selection Guide
- Turbidity Curtain Comparison Chart (PDF)
For site conditions with waves up to 2 feet or knots of up to 1.5, consider Triton Type 3 Turbidity Barrier instead.
Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Barrier Accessories
Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain will be successful with good installation and adequate accessories. Need to know what turbidity barrier detail accessories you need? Let us make it easy for you. Get all the components needed for your sediment curtain installation from one source and in one shipment. Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain accessory components include:
- Anchor Kits – A pre-assembled and convenient solution to stabilizing and controlling the floating silt screen once installed. Kit components are also available separately.
- Tow Bridles - Helps prevent unnecessary stress tears and damage that occurs when locating (or relocating) curtain.
- Reefing Lines - This accessory greatly simplifies the installation of permeable curtain when it is necessary to adjust each section for depth. The general rule of thumb is to leave a clearance of 1 foot between the base of the sediment curtain and the water body's floor. This keeps the curtain from dragging on the bottom, causing additional turbidity in the water (instead of containing and minimizing it). If the curtain rests on the bottom, the sediment will also pile up against the curtain (pulling it down below the waterline) which impairs the curtain's containment ability. Lastly, the clearance at the bottom also allows safe passage for aquatic animals from the controlled area.
- Tidal Compensators - For use in areas with fluctuations in the water depth on the shore, such as tidal areas. Use these handy compensators when securing the edge of the turbidity barrier to the shore. They automatically adjust with changes in water levels, keeping your curtain secure and at the proper depth in the water. For constant, rough water level changes, use the HD Tidal Compensator.
See more information about accessories for the Type 2 Heavy Duty Turbidity Curtain on our Turbidity Barrier Accessories Page.
Buy Turbidity Curtain Direct from the Manufacturer
For a sediment curtain that will keep your site in compliance and help you get the job done, buy direct from the manufacturer! Our turbidity curtain cost, performance and turbidity barrier detail are the best you'll find, without sacrificing quality. Triton Type 2 floating turbidity barrier provides the proven results you're looking for within your project's budget. (Ask us also about custom options and bulk silt curtain pricing!)
Other Triton Floating Silt Curtain Choices
GEI Works also manufactures a wide variety of other turbidity curtain options. Please see also:
- Type 2 Floating Silt Screen Options: (DOT Grade, Contractor Grade, and Permeable Silt Curtains).
- For a full listing of Triton Turbidity Barriers, including other Heavy Duty Silt Curtain options.
Still have questions? We want to hear from you. Let us know about your site conditions and what you need. Our experts are also available to answer your questions and provide you with availability and turbidity curtain cost.