Oil Field Storage Tank
Storage Tanks for Fracking
Question: Hello. I am in need of an oil field storage tank that can store large quantities of water during hydro fracking operations. I am looking for something that can store around 500 bbl. Ultimately I need to store around 1 million gallons.
Answer: For storage of fracking liquids like water or fuel, there are a couple of different options for you to consider. We recommend a flexible frac tank that that features a heavy-duty outer material and is designed to store much larger capacities, including tanks that can store 50,000 gallons, 100,000 gallons or even as much as 250,000 gallons. These tanks can decrease your transportation costs and offer the same large capacity storage in a smaller amount of tanks.
The Flexible Frac Tank
Relatively new to the industry, the flexible frac tank consists of a collapsible tank design that has been built to withstand the rigors of oil field storage. These units are typically used for bulk liquid storage and can be built from materials equipped to store brine water, process water, treated water, and fuel.
Compared to other tanks, the collapsible tank is designed to offer high storage capacities without the need for several different tanks. The flexible frac tank is made with material designed to handle the nature of liquid you need to store.
- Typical Sizes:
- 50,000 gallons (1190 bbl)
- 100,000 gallons (2380 bbl)
- 210,000 gallons (5000 bbl)
- Flexible tanks are made in multiple sizes that can range anywhere from 1 to 250,000 gallons.
- 4" Fill/Discharge Ports
- Floor Drain Ports
- 2" Diameter Vents
The flexible oil field storage tank can offer several advantages during its storage of your liquid materials. Some of the many benefits customers find when using this frac tank include:
- Large Storage Capacities: Larger storage capacities has helps save money in shipping, energy, and transportation costs. Having a larger storage capacity in a single tank means that less tanks are required for transit.
- Flexible Design: One of the main advantages of a flexible tank is its ability to be folded or rolled when empty. This allows several different tanks to be shipped in a single truck, dramatically lowering your shipping costs. It additionally makes the tanks easy to maneuver and control.
- Large Operational Temperatures: The collapsible oil field storage tank helps to save in energy costs by allowing tanks to be stored in a wide range of temperatures. Depending on the material used for your tank, these units can operated in temperature ranging from -42° to 140° F. Additionally, a collapsible tank is well equipped to retain heat and can retain up to 50% more heat than steel.