Filtration Check Dams as Stormwater BMPs
The patented Taurus Ditch Check functions like a mini check dam to filter sediment runoff flowing through your ditch, swale, weir or culvert. Our check dams are designed to be small, temporary dams used with swales or drainage ditches to filter and slow the speed of the water flow through an area. They assist with providing temporary stabilization of construction sites during stormwater events. Multiple ditch checks can be installed at a single site for additional control of the water. Check dams are important stormwater BMP's as they can prevent sediment and debris from entering the waterways.
Questions about swale erosion control? Give us a call at 1-772-646-0597 or fill out a quote request form.
Taurus Ditch Check – Long Term Use and Cost Savings
The Taurus Ditch Check is a GEI Works' patented solution (U.S. Patent No. 10,196,283 B2) for soil erosion control that introduces many leading-edge benefits and features:
- Overflow Ports. Our check dam design has built in overflow ports, to minimize pooling in severe stormwater events.
- Self-Rising. Low-profile when dry, as water flow increases through the swale or ditch, the termporary check dam rises to capture debris and filter out sediment through the permeable geotextile fabric.
- Long Lasting. Stays in place with a stable anchoring system (see installation instructions),is built for rugged use and to last in the field.
- Sediment Trap. Taurus' check dam design also features a sediment trap to capture debris and silt.
- Use with Flocculants. For faster settling of sediment particles, incorporate the use of flocculants, absorbents, carbons and other water treatments.
- Easy Maintenance. Disposing of the sediment is easy – just pick up the downstream edge by its loop handles and lift the back end to empty the sediment trap . (After emptying the sediment, we recommend using a flat-head shovel to avoid accidentally puncturing the fabric.)
Custom Sizes Available. If you're looking for other sizes (or solutions), please contact us. As the manufacturer, we can build our products to your specifications. We're happy to help you get
the right solution for your project!
Taurus Ditch Check Installation Instructions
Give us a call at 1-772-646-0597 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your requirements.
Count on Taurus to help keep contaminated stormwater out of the waterways, so you avoid fines and expensive delays on your construction site. Contact GEI Works for more information about this excellent BMP solution.
Other Types of Check Dams and Erosion Control
Read about our other Drainage Ditch Solutions and Patented Stormwater Filtration Solutions.
Other GEI Works Taurus Stormwater BMPs
- Taurus Over Grate Storm Drain Filter - Street Sweeper Friendly!
- Curb Inlet Filter - Street Sweeper Friendly too!
Give us a call at 1-772-646-0597 or fill out our quote request form to discuss our ditch
check or other swale erosion control.