15' x 10' Dewatering Bag
Dewatering Bag for Silt and Sediment Filtration
Question: We need a 15' x 10' dewatering bag for filtering silt and sediment. Can you tell us some additional information on this product, how we can use it, and how to choose the correct options for installation and use?
Answer: Thank you for contacting GEI Works with your inquiry. Our Dewatering Bags are made from durable geotextile filtration fabric suitable for removal of sediment and oily waste water sheen. Each dewatering bag is sewn with multiple seams and can accommodate up to a 4" pipe in the hose sock, making this the perfect filter sediment bag whether you are pumping into a dumpster or onto the ground.
Standard Dewatering Bag Installation and Use
- Sizing: Sediment bags should be sized based on the volume of water being pumped (pump flow rate), quantity and type of sediment, and the permittivity of the given bag size. The 15 x 10 dewatering bag is one of our middle-sized bags and has an approximate capacity of 6 cubic yards/bag.
- Location: Consideration should also be given to location. (Steep sloped surfaces are typically not recommended as the dewatering bag may roll). Placement may be in a 20' drop box, dump truck, or similar for easier transportation after a dewatering process. The geotextile sediment bag may also be placed directly on the ground to filter water.
- Discharge Hoses: Each dewatering bag can handle a 2", 3", or 4" discharge hose. (The hose can be placed along any edge by making a small incision into the fabric, inserting the hose and then clamping the fabric to the hose via wire, ties, clamp, rope or similar to create a good seal.)
- Maintenance: Sediment bags are rugged, but not indestructible. Care should always be taken to properly monitor performance to ensure that pump rates or concentrations of sediment are not excessive. Failure to do so may cause the geotextile bag to fail.
15' x 10' Dewatering Bag Considerations
- Avoid multiple pipe discharges into one geotextile sediment bag. One geotextile bag per discharge is recommended unless specifically designed differently.
- Filtered water runoff from the dewatering bag should be guided to the nearest inlet. Take care to avoid causing any erosion.
For finer clay and organic media, use our dewatering bag in conjunction with a flocculent or polymer to help improve flow rates, the discharge clarity, and the percent of solids retained. Learn more about the dewatering process using various Dewatering Products.
If you have any additional questions regarding the dewatering process with a 15' x 10' dewatering bag, please contact our sales team at 1-772-646-0597 or fill out our quote request form to discuss your requirements.